Samsung Survey Determines That Most Women Agree: Size Matters When it Comes to Cell Phones
Samsung is probaly the most lady friendly amongst cell phone manufacturers in terms of producing the most fashion driven and colorful selection of handsets geared towards women. Putting our complaints aside that many of these phones never make it to the U.S., Samsung has done a recent survey of females with cell phones which produced some interesting results. The survey was conducted by Kelton Research and included more than 500 U.S. unmarried females ages 18 to 35 who have a cell phone.
* Nearly four out of ten (39%) single women have suffered from “text shame:” sending a text message and then waking up the next morning realizing that they said something they shouldn’t have.
* More than seven out of ten women (73%) have ditched traditional, paper address books for their cell phones to keep track of contacts.
* Nearly three-quarters of females surveyed look at their cell phone, rather than their watch, to get the time (74%).
* Saved by the bell. More than one out of three SMFs have had a friend call them to interrupt a date (34%).
* So you think you can trust your girlfriend…A whopping 70 percent of females surveyed said they have snooped on their significant other’s cell phone. For example, they have looked through text messages or picked up their phone to see who is calling.
* I’m sorry, you’re breaking up. I can’t hear you. Click! Single mobile females are not only using their cell phones to make calls, but they are using them to avoid calls, too.
40 percent of respondents have faked technical difficulties to avoid someone they were not interested in dating.
Textual relations…let’s talk about text
* Text of Shame: Nearly four out of ten (39%) single women have suffered from “text shame:” sending a text message and then waking up the next morning realizing that they said something they shouldn’t have.
* Texting Tease: Nearly half of the survey respondents prefer to flirt with someone they are interested in via text message when they are away from them (48%).
* The Three Day Rule: More than 10 percent of females surveyed said that the “three day rule,” which is waiting to call someone until three days after a first date, only applies to calling and you can send a text message to someone before day three (13%).
A CELL PHONE state of mind
* Here’s my digits. 78 percent of females surveyed prefer to give their cell phone number to someone they are attracted to.
* Cell Phone Replaces the Little Black Book. More than two-thirds of women (73%) of women have ditched traditional, paper address books for their cell phones to keep track of contacts.
Average number of cell phone contacts: 63
* What’s in Your Pocket? Almost one-third of respondents said they can tell a good amount about a person by the type of cell phone they have (32%).
12 percent of females surveyed said that they would be less likely to date someone if they had a big and bulky cell phone.
* Who needs a watch? Nearly three-quarters of females surveyed look at their cell phone, rather than their watch, to get the time (74%).
(Source: MWW Group for Samsung)