I’m sure we all remember the famous commercial that features a senior citizen who fell down and shouting out that she has “fallen and can’t get up!” We all laughed, snickered and mimicked that commercial but how many times does that happen in real life? Too many. I have had first hand experience with a family member who this happened too and its not funny. Wellcore System is a Mobile Personal Emergency Response System product for seniors that utilizes motion detection and advanced pattern recognition to determine if in fact a loved one has fallen. The Wellcore system came to fruition because the people behind this device where concerned and wanted to keep in touch with loved ones and monitor their activity if they got hurt. The Wellcore system is so much more than just a monitoring system. Seniors can carry around with them a Wellcore Personal Activity Monitor and as long as they have a cellphone that is compatible with the system – loved ones can be notified if they fall or have something happen to them when they are out. You can monitor them online and a GPS map similar to google maps will pinpoint exactly where they have fallen in their apartment, home, or street. If you just want to say ‘Hi’ you can send a quick message to the Wellcore base unit and they will receive the message upon return. The Wellcore System offers automatic fall detection, online monitoring, and text-to-speech messaging and they have recently signed a distribution partnership with firstSTREET. The Wellcore System is probably one of the more advanced wellness electronic products for seniors I have seen thus far in a few years. The Wellcore System will be available for pre-orders and will retail for $199 and the monthly monitoring service will cost $49.95.
The Wellcore product provides seniors and caregivers with a superior solution for wellness and safety offering the following benefits:
* Detects falls automatically and sends help in an emergency. Wellcore distinguishes falls from other types of motion with unprecedented accuracy—all without having to press a button. When a fall is automatically detected, a Wellcore specialist contacts the wearer to assess the level of urgency. If an emergency is determined or there is no response, Wellcore sends emergency services and alerts designated caregivers and family. The button can also be pressed at any time to initiate the same immediate response.
* Asks to be worn when forgotten. When forgotten, Wellcore sends friendly reminders through the base unit, asking to be worn, and a notification appears on the online dashboard. If the sensor is left unworn for an extended period of time, an email message is sent to a designated caregiver or family member.
* Monitors activity and provides an online dashboard for at-a-glance reassurance. Accessible 24/7, a password-protected dashboard tracks motion and learns daily patterns over time, highlighting significant changes when they occur. The dashboard also displays notifications and alerts concerning everyday activity and safety.
* Delivers messages to stay connected. Text messages created on the online dashboard are converted to voice and played on the base unit, similar to voice messages on an answering machine.
* Protects on the go-not just at home for a safe, active lifestyle. When paired with a Wellcore-compatible cell phone, Wellcore allows 24/7 protection anywhere within the cell phone’s coverage range. When a fall is detected, the cell phone summons emergency responders to the exact location of the fall using the cell phone’s GPS, and caregivers are alerted.
* Innovative design. Made of brushed aluminum, the Wellcore device and base unit feature contemporary design from one of the world’s most renowned industrial designers, Dr. Hartmut Esslinger, founder frog design. Unlike other Personal Emergency Response devices, the Wellcore solution is stylish as well as waterproof.