The new Rock Controller from Starr Labs isn’t just a video game console guitar for playing the likes of Rock Band and Guitar Hero – it also works as a real guitar! Starr Labs is making a point to say that “The Rock Controller is NOT a toy.” This funky guitar features a patented 14 fret, color-keyed, touch sensitive, polyphonic fingerboard along with 6 zero-latency string triggers, a whammy bar, programmable 4-way joystick, and 2 select buttons. It will also work with a Mac and PC software via MIDI & USB. Multiple user tunings, zoning, maps, layering, and chording, are also all available in the programmability of the Rock Controller. Pricing is TBD
Update 06/11/2010: We’ve been told that pricing for the Rock Controller is a VERY affordable $99.
Rock Controller Key Benefits:
• Advanced game controlling features for existing and future guitar/music video games
• Support for all major music video game titles on computers and gaming consoles
• Based on proven and patented technology from Starr Labs Inc’s 20 years of experience
• Full 14 fret color-keyed touch sensitive fingerboard for real guitar playing
• Positive action fingerboard buttons with great tactile feel
• Full MIDI and USB functionality for advanced game and music performance
• Looks and feels like a real musical instrument (because it IS!)
• Perfect for learning to play guitar and advanced MIDI control
• Motion sensor (accelerometer functions)
• Easy and intuitive playability, fun to use!