Roxio Creator 2011 is First Video Editor for 3D Movies
Roxio Creator 2011 is the first digital media suite ever to include everything you need to capture, edit, create, and share 3D photos and videos. The suite offers users the ability to edit 3D movies – even if you don’t have a 3D camera. The software is able to convert 2D movies to 3D movies, and it can also convert 2D photos to 3D photos. Roxio Creator 2011 also works with 3D cameras like the Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 which is able to record in 3D. Best of all, there is no need to have a special 3D TV to enjoy your creations – you can watch 3D movies and enjoy 3D photos using any standard PC and a pair of 3D glasses. Heck, you can even enjoy 3D media on your iPad! A pair of paper 3D glasses are included with the software and most 3D glasses will work with the suite too. The suite also provides you with everything you need to output your 3D content for playback on a TV. To that effect, it will let you burn AVCHD discs that can be played back on a Blu-ray player. Roxio Creator 2011 also comes with Roxio Streamer which lets users access their media anywhere via a web browser, and as well as from any PC on their home network.
Roxio Creator 2011 launches today and retails for $99.99. Roxio Creator 2011 Pro, is priced at $129.99 and comes with extras like a Blu-ray Disc authoring capability, as well as extra applications like Sonicfire Pro, for creating custom soundtracks, SoundSoap SE delivering audio noise reduction for both audio and video files, BackOnTrack 4 – a hard-drive backup and recovery suite, Roxio Secure Burn for secure backup and disc encryption and well as some more useful apps. We’ll have a full review of Roxio Creator 2011 up soon.
Update 09/20/2010: Check out our full review of Roxio Creator 2011.
Roxio Creator 2011 New Feature Highlights:
Personal 3D Made Easy
- 3D capture from stereoscopic cameras (such as the Fuji W1)
- Import 3D files in common 3D formats, including side-by-side, over-under, anaglyph, and dual stream. In addition, Roxio Creator 2011 supports all standard 2D photo and video file formats.
- Simplified Storyline, as well as advanced 32-track Timeline 3D editing views and preview
- Full range of 3D editing options including trimming, title creation, narration, music tracks, and video correction features
- 3D-like transitions and special effects
- 2D to 3D real-time video conversion
- 2D to 3D photo conversion
- Authoring of 3D-enabled DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
- Save 3D video in a range of file formats (including RealD Format for a cinematic-quality personal home 3D experience)
- Direct upload of 3D video to YouTube™
- Instant access to personal media content on your PC via the Internet and from a broad range of connected devices
- New iPad device support and easy publishing to Facebook
- Edit movies and create DVDs and Blu-ray Discs; now includes new video stabilization and video rotation tools.
- Additional project templates for instantly creating personalized DVDs, high-resolution calendars, cards, and more.
- New additions to built-in Learning Center – direct access to dozens of video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions for quick help when needed
- Support for iCore7 and iCore9 processors, ATI Stream, and NVIDIA CUDA technologies to reduce rendering and encoding times