40% of All Video Gamers are Women
The ESRB has just released a bunch of updated stats on the state of the video game industry in 2010. The new stats reveal that 40% of gamers are women, and that the average age of a gamer is 34. We’re not surprised that 40% of gamers are women, but we are a bit surprised at the average age of 34 for all gamers. Does this percentage and average age surprise you?
Read on for more stats.
- 40% of gamers are women, and the average age of a gamer is 34
- 76% of parents believe parental controls in all gaming systems are useful
- More parents monitor their children’s video game playing than any other form of entertainment
- 93% of the time parents are present when games are purchased or rented
- In 2009, nearly half of all video games sold were rated E for Everyone