Epson has announced their new 13″ Stylus Photo R2000. The R2000 should be an exciting announcement for consumers and hobbyists who want to print like the pros, but until now couldn’t afford too. Epson has brought some pro-level features into the R2000 that you usually only find in professional printers, like pigment-based inks, flexible media handling and larger capacity cartridges. Scrapbookers and artists will love the R2000 since it lets them print stunning photos onto special papers, including canvas paper, art boards, cut sheet and roll paper, and fine art media – and it can even print onto CD/DVDs. Plus, the Epson Stylus Photo R2000 packs in some new tricks like Wireless-N for wireless printing. The printer will be available this month for $499.
– Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink: Award-winning, eight-color pigment ink set, for gallery-quality archival prints that are water, smudge and fade-resistant. Red and Orange inks provide bold colors and smooth, natural skin tones; additional advancements also offer vibrant greens and intense blues. An enhanced gloss optimizer delivers a uniform gloss finish, and auto-selecting Photo and Matte Black inks deliver deep blacks on matte, fine art or glossy media.
– AccuPhoto HG Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precise placement of each ink droplet to produce smooth, grain-free images. This technology helps to maximize color gamut, smooth transitions and gradations, and achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions. The R2000’s new Automatic Ink Density Optimization feature also contributes to delivering prints with consistent pigment density and superior color accuracy.
– MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: The eight-channel, high-precision print head produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 1.5 picoliters. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the print head also incorporates an ink-repellent coating.
– Individual Larger-Capacity Ink Cartridges: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 delivers up to 50 percent more prints than the previous model for increased productivity and less frequent changing of cartridgesI.
– Auto-Selecting Black Inks: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 automatically selects Photo or Matte black ink to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media.
– Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet for wired networking, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ 802.11n wireless technology and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide multiple options for fast connectivity anywhere in a home or studioII.
– Flexible Media Handling: A main top-loading, high-capacity auto-sheet feeder supports photographic and matte papers. A rear, single-sheet, fine art paper path handles heavier fine art and specialty media. Included roll paper support allows for panoramas up to 44-inches long, even on canvas, and a front, straight-through path handles media up to 1.3 mm thick, and direct CD/DVD printing.