Panasonic has revealed the LUMIX G3, the smallest and lightest interchangeable lens system camera in the world. Available in three different colors: red, black and silver, the new 16.0-megapixel sensor and Venus Engine VI FHD image processor delivers image quality that was once restricted to large, heavy DSLR cameras. The Lumix G3 also weighs less than 340 grams, with an easy-to-handle grip. The LUMIX G3 lets you capture great photos from the very first shot with iA+ (Intelligent Auto Plus) mode. Auto Focus can be set with one touch; Face Recognition will remember the settings for your friends; and Intelligent Scene Selector will automatically switch to the appropriate mode according to the subject touched. Currently the G3 only seems to be available overseas, and there is no word on pricing yet.
· Image Sensor 16.0 MP LIVE MOS
· Engine Venus Engine VI FHD
· ISO setting Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400
· AF speed Approx 0.1 seconds (measured with the LUMIX G3 attaching LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) to move the lens position to “2m” from “infinity” position )
· Burst shoot: 4 fps (16.0M) / 20 fps (4M)
· Movie recording: AVCHD 1920×1080 50i (Sensor Output 25fps), AVCHD 1280×720 50p (Sensor Output 25fps)
· View finder: Approx. 100% Field of View, 1.44mil dots equiv.
· LCD Screen: 3.0”, 3:2, 460K dots Free Angle Touch LCD
· Size: 115.2 x 83.6 x 46.7 mm (excluding protrusions)
· Weight: 336g (body only)
· Built-in Flash: TTL Built-in-Flash, GN 10.5 equivalent, built in pop-up
· Interface: HDMI, USB 2.0, Digital AV Out, Remote input, microphone, speaker.