Last year Looxcie was a big hit with and this year, they are looking to improve upon their success with the debut of Looxcie 2. The first wearable mobile-connected video cam, is now sleeker than ever. The Looxcie 2 now weighs 20 percent less and is almost half the size of the original while maintaining full battery capacity and all video capture and sharing features. You can wear Looxcie 2 over the ear, on helmets, caps and more.
The updated LooxcieMoments smartphone app, (available for both Android and iPhone users) users can now choose between either 320p or 480p video quality. However those with the original Looxcie are not out in the dark, Software and firmware upgrades are compatible too!
◦ Clips stored as MP4 files
◦ Up to 5 or 10 hours of video storage (depending on model)
◦ User selectable video capture in 320p or 480p
◦ Instant clip creation and sharing to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or iCloud
◦ Looxcie companion apps for iOS and Android: LooxcieMoments and LooxcieCam
◦ Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and eSCO for up to 10 meters range
◦ Bluetooth Hands Free Profile 1.5 for telephone calls
◦ 365mAh Li Polymer battery for up to4 hours of continuous video recording RoHS compliant manufacturer
◦ DSP noise reduction optimized for enhanced audio
Looxcie 2 will retail for $199 for the 8GB model and $179 for the 4GB.