What do Sony and Petco have in common? Well, how about the Pet Mode in their latest Sony Cyber-Shot cameras. Today, Petco along with Sony showed off their love for animals and the pet mode feature at the “National Adoption Reunion” event in Central Park. The event celebrated the millions of pets Petco has helped place in loving permanent homes.
Sony also partnered with Nigel Barker ( best known for his duties on America’s Next Top Model) to offer tips for pet owners to become their own pet-paparazzi:
· Have a helper hold a treat or toy, and shoot over that person’s shoulder
· Use the “pet mode” on your Sony Cyber-Shot to get great clarity
· Shoot in action with auto settings
· Take advantage of blur reducing technology and shoot at the height of the pet’s jump
· Take a burst of shots, using a mode for 10 frames per second to ensure you get the best one
So what spurred this collaboration besides a pet mode function. Petco hopes to bring awareness to the millions of shelter animals still in need of good homes by uniting adopted pets and pet parents to set a Guinness World Record for “Largest Gathering of Adopted Shelter Animals”. This event kicked off the nationwide “National Adoption Reunion” celebrations that will take place this weekend (October 8-9, 2011) at all Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores. If you adopted a pet through Petco you can stop in and get a commemorative charm, or if you are looking for a new friend, there will be pets up for adoptions as well.