We reviewed Dropcam a while back, and discovered that the device offers one of the easiest and most convenient home surveillance systems that money can buy. Now Dropcam has up’ed the ante, with the new Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Video Monitoring Camera.
This latest wireless Dropcam operates over Wi-FI and is able to stream video in HD to Dropcam’s cloud-based DVR service. And just like with its predecessor, all it takes is a 60 second set up process to get up and running. Within just a few minutes you’ll be ready to snoop on your house, puppy, or baby from miles away.
The new Dropcam HD also comes with night vision, and talk back with two-way audio. This neat feature lets you talk to people remotely through Dropcam. So you can remotely scream at your kids to do their homework, or tell the dog to get off of the couch. Finally, the camera now also packs in digital zoom.
Our biggest complain with the original dropcam was that the video quality was mediocre, so here is to hoping that the new Dropcam HD improves the visuals. The Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Video Monitoring Camera is set to retail for a very reasonable price of $149.99 and goes on sale today. It is expected to ship on January 31st.
- 60-second setup – Plug it in. Select your Wi-Fi network. Personalize it. Your Dropcam HD is online in three intuitive, simple steps.
- Watch and check in 24/7 – AC-powered Dropcam HD gives you reliable, quality video at all times. It’s plugged in, so you don’t have to worry about missing video due to drained batteries.
- Night vision – Reasons to keep an eye on what you care about don’t stop when the sun goes down. The night vision mode turns on automatically when a room darkens to make sure you don’t miss a moment.
- Talk back with two-way audio – Respond to what you’re watching as it happens with two-way audio. Ask who is at the front door, check in on the kids while chores get done, tell the dog (or husband) to get off the couch.
- Digital zoom – Pick which part of the room to focus on. Zoom in on the baby’s crib, the front door, or one of the cars in the driveway.
- Versatile placement – Dropcam HD is adjustable to quickly mount on a wall, stand on a table, or you can pop out the lens to create a smaller, more discreet profile that can be placed anywhere.