Droid is stealing all the attention in this year’s Verizon CES 2012 lineup. It is probably skinnier than your pinky at a 1/2 inch. But don’t let its’ slender dimensions fool you, it is very capable with a dual core 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. It is an impressive direction for Droid. Hidden behind its 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass, is a slide down 5 row QWERTY keyboard with a back-light and a PC layout.
It boasts government grade encryption abilities so you feel safe to do business on it. MotoCast is a software tool that allows for remote access to pictures, videos, and music on home or work computers. Smart Actions is an application that that helps you automate everyday tasks and manage multi-windows through Firefox browsing.
The 8mp camera has 1080 HD video capture as well as a Mirror Mode to mirror images onto an HDTV. Speed ranges from 5 to 12 megabits per second and 2 to 5 for uploads when on 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage. Here’s a summary of the features:
· Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
· 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
· MotoCast for remote streaming of photos, videos, music, documents, presentations and more from home or office computers
· 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· Water-repellent nanocoating for splash resistance
· 16 GB on-board memory (actual formatted capacity is less); Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
· Business Ready with government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access
Expect to see it in Verizon stores in the coming weeks.