The art of the selfie is not a simple one. Getting the right angle and minimum arm in the side of the shot are difficult tasks that only the seasoned veterans have mastered, after countless hours in front of the bathroom mirror.
But forget all that, because the Audiovox ShutterBall is here to make it all so much easier, getting rid of those skewed angles, and dispensing with awkward arm. Now, there are some who will claim that the lack of those two things means that the picture really isn’t a selfie at all. That may be. But, if you want to just take a clean picture of you and your friends, you now have somewhere to turn to, besides a real camera with a countdown timer.
The ShutterBall is a remote Bluetooth shutter for Android and iOS smartphones. Using the Smart Shutter app, you’ll be able to set up your phone up to 60 feet away and snap a picture by pressing the handheld ShutterBall. That should help you keep it classy. The ShutterBall even comes with an easel stand for your smartphone, without which I guess the ShutterBall would be nearly unusable.
ShutterBall – they won’t believe it’s a selfie!
Update 7/21/2013: Audiovox has reached out to us with some updated tech specs which you can check out below. The Shutterball is also confirmed to work with the iPhone 5, 4, 4S, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5th Gen, and the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note.
Updated ShutterBall Info:
- Bluetooth Remote Shutter for your Smartphone camera – Take perfect pix!
- One-button shutter control up to 60’ away
- Perfect for selfie or group photos
- Places shutter control in your free hand for blur-free shots
- Control for still camera or video camera on smartphone
- BT Low Energy for longer than 5 year battery life
- BONUS mini stand/easel included!