It shouldn’t come as a huge shock to read this, but the iPhone is better than ever right now. It has more people using it than ever and, it has a super cool feature that you may not have heard about – widgets. You’re probably saying to yourself, I know what widgets are, but we’re taking a much closer look at them. We’re also highlighting the ones that are the best!
Let’s start off by giving some applause to Apple for giving widgets their own screen with the iOS 10 update. Giving them a separate screen has made them all the more useful for iPhone users. To get to widgets all you have to do is swipe right from your home screen.
From there, you can edit them in the order you want and you can even remove the ones you don’t want. Some of the widgets are built in but some come from third-party developers. We’re giving you our five favorite third-party widgets! If you don’t have them on your phone now, you will after this.
- Pedometer+++ does exactly what it sounds like. It takes a simple approach to tracking your daily activity. It uses your iPhone as a step counter, breaks down how many steps you’ve taken per day, and even tells you when you’ve taken the most steps!
- Another great widget is Shazam. What could be better than something that helps you identify the song that is currently playing at the bar!? The only catch is you have to get your phone out and open the app before the song is over.
- Fantastical 2
- Keeping yourself organized isn’t always the simplest thing in the world. Luckily, Fantastical 2 is a great widget to help you keep your calendar under control. You can even choose from four different options – timeline, event, calendar, and reminders.
- Carrot Weather
- Checking the weather is an important part of everyone’s daily morning routine. Seeing what the weather is doesn’t have to be boring though, with Carrot Weather it delivers the weather to you with a little dose of sarcasm and humor.
- Traffic is a reality that all of us have to deal with on a daily basis, especially it you live in a big city. The ETA widget aims to make the battle with traffic a little easier. With ETA, you can see the travel times by car, train, or walking, and it gives you the traffic conditions for the multiple routes you can take to your destination.