Where Are The 13 Abused Turpin Children Now? Here Are The Most Recent Developments In The Ongoing House Of Horrors Case

If you can recall, back in January 2018 the Turpin family made international headlines after authorities made a shocking discovery in their home.

David and Louise Turpin were arrested in Perris, California after authorities received a disturbing phone call from one of their children.

The two parents were holding their children captive in their Perris home and were subjecting them to torture and neglect.

One of the 13 Turpin children, who ranged in ages 2 to 29, escaped the home and was able to call 911.


The children were found living in deplorable conditions. All of them were malnourished, and fifthly. The children had been living in shackles and were rarely allowed to shower.

Once authorities arrived, David and Louise were immediately brought into custody. Their bond is set at $12 million each.

Each has pleaded not guilty to the charges that have brought against them which include, torture, abuse, and false imprisonment.


As for the children, they were taken to a nearby hospital. The case is still ongoing, and these are the most recent developments.


Once they were finally healthy enough to leave the hospital, the seven adult Turpin children moved into a rural California home.

After spending years in what is referred to as the “House Of Horrors”, the siblings are finally able to have a chance at a somewhat normal life.

Their Attorney Jack Osborn has been an integral part of the siblings’ lives since the arrest of their parents.


In fact, it was Jack himself that transported the children to their new home. The children were elated to be reunited with their family dogs.

They finally have the freedom to make their own decisions. Another huge change for the siblings is they each have their own rooms.

The siblings want to be known as survivors, rather than victims.

Many of the locals in the neighborhood have started to call the Turpin children “The Magnificent 13.”


It is not a shock that it took quite a bit of time before the youngest Turpin children were healthy enough to leave the hospital.

The staff at the Corona Regional Medical Center became the children’s family in a sense. The children spent two whole months there recovering.

Of course, knowing that the children were healthy enough to leave the hospital was an extremely joyous occasion. It also was a bit sad for the staff.

Daily Mail

Saying goodbye to the children was difficult. As reported by People Magazine, the hospital “has been their home away from wherever they were at before” so “it was emotional for the staff and emotional for them” to say goodbye.

The hospital staff planned a going away party for the children.

During their party, they ate cake and were able to spend time with their nurses and doctors who cared for them.

“They can sense people that actually care for them so they were very attached.” It is still unclear where the six minor children will go.


After years of being pushed away, their uncle, Billy Lambert, said he absolutely cannot wait to talk to the children.

Billy is apparently counting down the days before he is able to finally connect with his nieces and nephews again.

Despite his excitement, he is not allowed to see them as he pleases. Billy will have to undergo an extensive background check. He is Louise’s half-brother.

Daily Mail

She hid everything that was going on in their home from him and the rest of the world too.

It is Billy’s hope that all of the children are able to be happy. He is beyond excited to see them again.

He told media outlets that he loves the kids and feels like they are finally in a good spot. They have more freedom, and they’re moving in the right direction now.


Much like half-brother Billy, Teresa Robinette, Louise’s sister, is looking forward to reuniting with her nieces and nephews as well.

1 of 5