,

She Swallowed Her Engagement Ring While She Was Sleeping

A little over a year ago, Jenna Leigh Howell did something pretty crazy in her sleep. She swallowed her engagement ring!

Jenna took to Facebook to share her wild story, saying, “So, in case you missed it, I swallowed my engagement ring in my sleep on Tuesday night.”

“I actually remember doing it, but I thought I was dreaming, so I went back to sleep. On Wednesday morning, I realized my ring was not on my hand and had to wake Bob Howell up and tell him that I swallowed my engagement ring.”

“I don’t think he believed me right away. We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled ‘do other adults swallow rings” because kids do it all the time, but apparently it’s less common for adults.”

“I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard.”

“The doctor ordered an Xray and seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach!”

“They called a gastroenterologist and decided it would be best NOT to let nature take its course. (Thank God) Before I left, she recommended seeing a sleep specialist as well.”

“Bobby took me to the GI doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that yes, I swallowed my engagement ring.”

“At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous.”

Facebook; pictured above is Jenna in the hospital after swallowing her ring

Sign up for Chip Chick’s newsletter and get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.

1 of 2