Spectrum is Verizon and LG's New Smartphone With HD ESPN ScoreCenter Access
Spectrum is sure to be heavily marketed as a “Man’s Man” smartphone, since it has exclusive HD access to the ESPN ScoreCenter Application. Verizon and LG announced this at CES 2012. This phone takes a cue from its older sibling the premium LG HDTVs by incorporating a 4.5-inch True HD In-Plane Switching (IPS) display. The ScoreCenter Application is sure to excite hard core sports fans by including HD video feeds, as well as exclusive access to stats, images and video. They can also customize it with their favorite teams.
We just went hands on with the LG Spectrum and were surprised by how nice it felt in-hand. It was lighter than we expected and had some comfortable curves. The screen was by-far our favorite feature; it had brilliantly vivid colors that really popped.
Here are some more details:
·4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
· Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred.
· Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
· Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
· Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
· ESPN’s ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB™, NASCAR or Formula One™. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
· Spectrum supports Dolby® Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.
· 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
· Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
· SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
· Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· Bluetooth® Version 3.0
· 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
· SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
· HDMI mirroring capable via MHL
Expect this phone January 19th in store at Verizon for $200 with a 2 year contract.