BlackBerry PlayBook OS 1.0.5 Update Enhances Facebook and In-App Payment Support
The BlackBerry PlayBook is getting another update with OS v1.0.5. This over the air update will bring new features ( still no dedicated email client) but some other nice enhancements that may entice you to give it a try.
• Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook — We know all about Facebook for BlackBerry app but with this update, Facebook becomes the first tablet optimized application and introduces new features including video uploading, message deletion, Facebook search enhancements and more
• In-App Payments Support — Enables developers to create apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook using the BlackBerry Payment Service, which will allow users to purchase enhancements within apps such as another level in a game or a new edition of a magazine
• Additional Language Support — Updates language support to include: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch and UK English
• BlackBerry PlayBook Charging Enhancements — By simply touching the battery indicator on the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, users can easily adjust the screen brightness or choose to restart, turn off, or put the tablet into standby mode. Other charging improvements include the ability to charge the PlayBook while it is turned off, as well as an on-screen alert to notify users if they accidentally have plugged in an incorrect charger into their BlackBerry PlayBook
• Video Chat Connectivity — Adds support for the TURN (Traversal Using Relay NAT) protocol, which enhances Video Chat connections between users on home, public and enterprise Wi-Fi networks
• Wi-Fi Hotspot Detection — Automatic Wi-Fi hotspot detection in the BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 makes it easier to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot (at a coffee shop or an airport, for example)